180g split green mung bean
2 pandan leaves - washed and knotted
80 g rock sugar
4 cups water
2 fried dough fritters (you tiao) - cut into pcs
30g sweet potato flour mixed with some water to form a very starchy mixture
- Soak the beans in water for 30 mins and drained.
- Steam the beans for 15-20 mins or until they become soft.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add pandan leaves and sugar. Cook for 15 mins and add in the steamed beans and boil for another 10 mins.
- Stir in the potato starch mixture gradually and boil until it becomes gluey or to desired starchiness.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with some you tiao.