8 oz fettucine
10 fresh white mushrooms - cleaned and halved lengthwise
artichoke hearts - quartered (leftover from a salad)
cherry tomatoes - halved lengthwise
some chickpeas and beans (leftover frpm a salad)
1/2 medium onion - chopped
2 garlic cloves - chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves - chopped
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add salt and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Transfer pasta to a plate.
- Heat up a pan and saute mushrooms under medium low heat for 1 minute. Add oil to pan and saute onion and garlic and cook for another 1 - 2 mins. Add artichokes and cook until they start to turn slightly brown.
- Add wine and simmer until almost evaporated for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add pasta to the pan and stir in tomatoes, beans, parsley and butter. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Add some reserved water to the pan if it is too dry.
- Transfer pasta to a serving plate and serve warm.