Our nice neighours Jonathan and Deborah gave us these wonderful yellow plums. These plums are like jewels hanging in their tree. They are so irresistable and definitely the tastiest plums we have ever eaten so far!
8 cups yellow plums - washed, peeled and pitted
4 cups sugar
a slice of butter1/2 tsp ground cinammon
- Place all ingredients except butter in a pot. Mash the yellow plums as much as possible and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue stirring to prevent it from burning and remove any foam as you stir.
- Add a slice of butter to the mixture to reduce the foaming. Simmer until the mixture is thick.
- Boil the jars and lids in boiling water for 5 mins. Remove them using a tong.
- Ladle the jam into the jars leaving 1/2 inch space on top. Cover with lid and let cool.
- When cooled, store them in the fridge and enjoy the luscious and super delicious jam within 3 months.