1 packet soft tofu - drained and cut into 1 1/2cm cubes
3 pcs of boneless skinless chicken drumsticks - cut into 1 1/2cm cubes
3 dried shitake mushrooms - soaked, drained and cut into 1 cm size (reserve the water)
15 snap peas
1 piece 4 x 4 cm salted fish - cut into 1 cm size
3 stalks green onion (white part only) - cut into 3cm length
2 slices ginger
2 cloves garlic - minced
1 tbsp shaoxing wine - for drizzling
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 tbsp sesame oil
- Heat up oil in a pot and fry the tofu cubes till brown. Drain and set aside.
- Fry the chicken cubes for 1 - 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Stir fry the salted fish until fragrant. Add green onion, ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add sauce and mushrooms and stir fry for another minute.
- Add reserved water from mushrooms, chicken, tofu and sugar and stir to mix well.
- Heat up a claypot and transfer the whole mixture to the claypot. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove cover and stir in cornstarch solution to thicken the sauce.
- Add snap peas and cover. Drizzle shaoxing wine around the cover and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove cover and enjoy this hot pot with a bowl of rice!