1 small broccoli, ends trimmed and separate to smaller florets1 carrot - peeled and sliced
10-12 pieces of large scallops
2 slices ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced shallot
2 tbsp roasted cashew nuts
1 tbsp huatiao wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
4 tbsp water
salt to taste
- Heat a pot of water. Add a little salt and a little oil to the boiling water. Blanch the broccoli and sliced carrots for a few minutes. Drain and arrange them on a serving plate.
- Marinate the scallops with a little salt and pepper. Coat with some cornstarch and blanch for a while. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in a wok. Stir fry the shallot, ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add the scallops. Add in huatiao wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, water and cook for a few minutes till the scallops are cooked.
- Check seasonings and add salt if needed. Add some cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Dish up and place on the plate with the vegetables previously arranged.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and serve warm.