1 lb boneless skinless chicken drumsticks or thigh (cut into 1" cubes)
1 cup of pineapple chunks (juice reserved)
1 tomato - cut into 1" cubes
1 green bell pepper - cut into 1" size
1 tsp minced ginger
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 egg (beaten)
pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 cup juice from pineapple can
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
- Marinate chicken for 30 mins or more. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients for the sauce.
- Heat up oil in a large pan. Place chicken in the pan and fry under medium low heat until all the chicken are slightly browned on both sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove any excess oil, leaving 1 tbsp in the pan. Add ginger and bell pepper and stir fry for one minute under medium heat.
- Add the pineapple chunks, tomato and sauce and bring it to a boil under high heat.
- Stir in cornstarch solution to thicken the sauce. Add the chicken to the pan and toss to mix well.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.