1 salmon fish head - washed and cleaned
1 tomato - quartered
3 pcs of tofu puff
1 eggplant/brinjal - sliced into 1 cm thick
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp chopped shallot
2 tbsp red curry paste
some curry leaves (i omitted this)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp cooking oil
- Marinate the fish head with salt and pepper for 30 minutes or more.
- Heat up oil in a large pan under medium heat. Pan fry the fish head till brown on both sides. Set aside.
- With the remaining oil, fry the ginger, garlic, shallot and curry leaves till fragrant. Add curry paste and stir fry for another minute. Add coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add fish head, tofu puff, tomato and eggplant and bring to a boil again. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes under medium low heat.
- Add salt to taste and serve warm.