Ingredients1 lb cod fillet (washed and pat dry)
2 small eggs (beaten into a bowl)
salt and pepper to taste
plate of flour for coating
plate of panko for coating
oil for deep frying
- Cut the cod fillets into big chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the cod with flour on both sides. Shake off excess flour.
- Dredge the cod into the bowl of beaten eggs and let any excess egg drip off.
- Place the cod onto a plate of panko and coat both sides with it.
- Repeat with all other pieces of cod fillet.
- Heat up a frying pan with oil on medium high. Temperature is reached when a bread crumb turns brown when fried.
- Place the coated cod into the oil and fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove excess oil with paper towel and serve hot with your preferred side dishes.