Ingredients (2 servings)
1/2 packet rice vermicelli - bee hoon
10 prawns - peeled and deveined
2 eggs4 cloves garlic - chopped
2 shallots - peeled and sliced
1 piece char siew (shredded)
1/2 onion (chopped)
handful of beansprouts
1 fresh red chilli (i replace with red capsicum) - shredded
1 stalk green onions - cut into 3cm length
1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
1 rice bowl stock
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
a dash of pepper
- Soak rice vermicelli in slightly hot water till soften. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up cooking oil in wok. When oil is hot, add eggs, let it set a bit and do a slight scramble. Remove eggs and set aside.
- Add more oil, fry beansprout, green onion and capsicum over high heat for a while till ingredients are crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Fry prawns and char siew for a while. Set aside.
- Add more oil, fry onion, shallots and garlic till aromatic, add rice vermicelli and toss to mix well. Drizzle seasoning and stir fry over high heat. Add stock and let it cook a while.
- Add in all other ingredients and toss to mix well.
- Transfer to serving plates and serve with some pickled green chilli.