3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tsp white sesame seeds
1 tsp black sesame seeds1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 can 12 ounces beer
2 tbsp sliced almonds
melted butter for brushing
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, flax seeds, sesame seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add beer and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead quickly to form a ball. Brush the bottom and sides of the baking pan with melted butter. Place bread on the baking pan. Make a cross on top with a serrated or very sharp knife. Brush top of loaf with melted butter. Sprinkle almond slices on top.
- Bake until golden brown for about 50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve with your favourite jam, dip into soup or eat it on its own!