2 coil of bee hoon - soaked in water to soften it and drained.
1/2 bowl of sliced pumpkin
1 carrot - peeled and sliced
3 dried mushrooms - soaked, drained and sliced
1 bowl of sliced cabbage
handful of fried tau kee pieces
1/2 white onion - sliced
1 tsp minced ginger
1 cup water
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up oil in a wok. Fry onion and ginger until fragrant. Add mushroom and fry for another minute. Add carrot, cabbage, tau kee and pumpkin.
- Add water and salt and fry to mix well. Transfer to a plate when the vegetables are cooked to doneness.
- Using the remaining sauce, fry the bee hoon. Add seasonings and toss to mix well. If it is too dry, add a bit more water.
- Add the cooked vegetables into the wok and toss to mix well.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with some chilli sauce and picked green chillies.