1 pkt soft tofu - cut into rectangular pieces
120g minced pork
2 tbsp dried prawns - soaked and drained
4 shitake mushrooms - soaked, drained and cut into halves
1 shallot - sliced
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1 stalk green onion - chopped
salt and flour for coating the tofu
20 fresh sweet basil leaves
pinch of pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp huatiao wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
3/4 tbsp sweet dark soy sauce
3/4 tbsp oyster sauce
3/4 cup water
- Pat dry the tofu pieces and sprinkle with some salt and flour.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and fry the tofu till browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add another tbsp oil to the pan. Fry the minced meat for a minute over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and dried prawns and fry till aromatic. Drizzle sauce over the ingredients.
- Transfer the ingredients to a heated claypot. Add mushrooms and tofu. Stir gently to mix well. Cover and let it braise for 20 minutes under medium low heat.
- Add the basil leaves and stir in cornstarch solution. Add a dash of sesame oil and pepper.
- Sprinkle some chopped green onions and serve hot with rice.