1 bittergourd - remove cottony pith and seeds and slice thinly
1 small piece chicken fillet - sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1 tsp fermented black bean
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 - 5 tbsp water
pinch of salt and pepper
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp huatiao wine
pinch of sugar
- Marinate chicken with seasonings for 15 minutes or more.
- Heat up oil in a wok. Fry the garlic and fermented black beans until fragrant.
- Add chicken and bittergourd and stir fry over high heat. Add sauce and do a quick stir fry. Add water and cover for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in some cornstarch solution to thicken the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.