1 sheet of dried bean curd skin - cut into 4 x 6 inches
1 lb minced pork (with fats)
200g prawn meat - chopped
8 water chestnuts, peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
5 shallots, sliced and fried
2 stalks of green onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp cornstarch
3 pcs cream crackers - chopped finely
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp five spice powder
dash of pepper
salt to taste
- Place pork and prawn meat in a large mixing bowl.
- Add soy sauce, five spice powder, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Add water chestnuts, garlic, shallots, green onion, cornstarch and cream crackers and mix well.
- Place beancurd skin on work surface. Take 1 to 2 tbsp mixture and place on centre of skin.
- roll the edges up and nearing the end, fold the 2 ends in and finish rolling it up.
- Seal up the edges with some thick cornstarch solution. Place seam side down onto a steaming plate. Repeat till mixture is used up.
- Arrange rolls in a single layer on a steaming plate and steam on high for 5 minutes.
- Place steamed rolls on large trivet to cool them down.
- Cut into rolls into small pieces, dip both ends with some cornstarch flour and fry over medium heat till golden brown.