3 lb babyback ribs
Weber BBQ sauce
1 stick cinnamon
3 star anise
4 dried chillies
- Using a fruit juicer, cut the apples into pieces and juice them. Set aside.
- Place the ribs into a baking pan, meaty side facing down.
- Add cinnamon stick, cloves and star anise into the pan.
- Pour apple juice to cover the ribs completely.
- Cover with aluminium foil and marinate for 5 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Place marinated ribs inside the slow cooker. Pour the juice and all ingredients inside. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high heat or until meat is tender.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker. Using a pair of tongs, place the ribs onto the hot grille directly. Cook on high for about 10 minutes until caramelized.
- Turn over and cook for another 5 minutes. Brush some barbecue sauce on the grilled side of the ribs.
- When the other side is grilled as well, remove the ribs from the grill and let cool.
- Cut into pieces and top with additional barbecue sauce if desired. Or simply enjoy the delicious fall-off-the-bone ribs on its own!