recipe adapted from here
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs, white or wheat
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a shallow 13 x 9 baking dish (I used a small cookie sheet) generously with olive oil spray.
- Pour 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil into a small mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together Italian seasoned bread crumbs, Panko bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces into olive oil and toss chicken to evenly coat.
- Drop oil coated chicken, working with about 5 pieces at a time, into bread crumb mixture and coat each side (I kind of pressed the pieces into the bread crumbs to get more to stick).
- Place all of the coated chicken pieces onto oil coated baking sheet then sprinkle remaining bread crumb mixture over chicken pieces.
- Spray top of chicken pieces with olive oil spray.
- Bake in center of preheated oven for 10 minutes, then remove from oven, rotate chicken pieces to opposite side and bake an additional 5 minutes .
- Serve warm with ketchup, barbecue sauce or honey mustard for dipping, if desired.