2 pieces chicken breast meat
1 red onion - sliced into chunks
4 baby carrots
2 stalks lemongrass - chopped finely
2 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
1 shallot - peeled and chopped
juice of one lime
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp cooking oil
- Pound the chicken meat lightly with the back of a knife and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound the lemongrass, garlic and shallot to form a paste. Add in the lime juice.
- Marinade the chicken with this mixture and put in fridge for 5 hours or more.
- Brush the cast iron pan with oil and heat up until hot.
- Grill the onion and baby carrots for a while. Remove from pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Place chicken in pan and grill for 5 mins on each side or until cooked.
- Serve grilled chicken with the onion and carrots.