1 small yam - peeled, sliced, steamed and mashed
2 tbsp butter
spring roll wrappers
salt to taste
thick cornstarch mixture or egg wash
- Defrost the frozen packet of spring roll wrappers to room temperature.
- Mix the mashed yam with the butter. Add salt to taste.
- Place a piece of wrapper on a clean surface.
- Spoon 3 - 4 tbsp of yam mixture onto the wrapper and roll it into a spring roll.
- Seal the edges with cornstarch mix.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Fry the spring roll till brown and crispy.
- Serve immediatley with some hot chilli or sweet chilli sauce.