yong tau foo pieces - refer to yong tau foo recipe
fresh yellow noodles (i use sphaghetti)
1 can coconut milk
laksa leaves (i use with sweet basil)
my mum's sambal belachan or any other brand
1 tbsp dried prawns - soaked for 5 mins and drained
2 shallots - chopped
2 cloves garlic- chopped
salt to taste
- Cook the noodles according to package instruction. Drain and set aside.
- Pound the dried prawns, shallot and garlic to a paste.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Saute the mixture till fragrant.
- Add sambal belachan and fry for a while.
- Transfer mixture to a pot and add in coconut milk, yong tau foo pieces and chopped basil leaves.
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve warm.