1 small yam - peeled and cut into cubes
1 sweet potato - peeled and cut into cubes
2 pcs pandan leaves - knotted
2 tbsp sago
1/4 can thick coconut milk
sugar to taste
- Place sago in a small bowl. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let it sit till it turns transparent. When cooked, pour into a sieve and run cold water over it.
- Add yam, sweet potato and pandan leaves in another pot. Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or till soft.
- Add coconut milk, sugar and some water. Bring to a boil again.
- Pour cooked sago into the pot and stir to mix well. Remove the pandan leaves.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve warm.