leftover roast duck meat
1 small bunch of salted vegetables - soaked for 20 minutes, drained and cut into thick slices
1 small block of soft tofu - cut into large cubes
1 tomato - quartered
1 small pc ginger - peeled and cut into thin strips
2 tbsp tamarind paste
2 chilli padi
1 small pot of water
- Heat up oil in pot. Fry the ginger slices, chilli padi and green onion till lightly fragrant.
- Add roast duck meat and drizzle rice wine. Do a quick stir fry.
- Add salted vegetables, water and tamarind juice and bring to a boil.
- Simmer under medium low heat for 30 minutes or more.
- Add tofu and tomato and continue to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve warm with yam rice or plain rice.