ngoh hiong wrapper - cut into rectangular pieces
3 cups shredded cabbage
2 dried shitake mushrooms - soaked, drained and shredded
1 medium sized taro - peeled and shredded
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mushroom sauce
pinch of pepper
pinch of salt
- Heat up oil in frying pan. Fry shallot and garlic till aromatic. Add mushroom and fry for a while.
- Add taro and cabbage and stir fry over high heat. Drizzle soy sauce and oyster sauce and do a quick stir fry.
- Add water, cover and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a big bowl and drain any excess liquid. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Spoon two tablespoon taro and cabbage mix onto the centre of a ngoh hiong wrapper and wrap it up.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan. Fry on both sides till golden brown.
- Drain excess oil and serve warm with chilli sauce.