4 eggs - whisked
3 pcs pandan leaves - knotted
160g palm sugar - chopped into small pieces
250ml coconut cream
- Prepare a large pot with boiling water.
- Place the smaller pot into the large pot.
- In a smaller pot, add in the coconut cream,100g palm sugar and pandan leaves. Place the pot into the large pot with the boiling water.
- Stir mixture till the sugar is melted.
- Remove the pandan leaves from the pot.
- Caramelize the remaining 60g palm sugar in another small pot directly over very low heat. Add into the coconut cream mixture and stir.
- Slowly add in the whisked eggs into the mixture.
- Continue to stir constantly over low heat till the mixture starts to thicken.
- Once the consistency is reached, ladle into a sterilized glass jar and let it cool to room temperature.
- Store the cooked kaya into the refrigerator.