Ingredients1 red snapper (abt 1 1/2 lb) - cleaned and patted dry
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice wine
salt to taste
few slices of ginger
1 stalk green onion (white part) - cut into 5 cm length
1 tomato - sliced
1 sour plum - lightly mashed
1 pc ginger - julienned
1 red chilli - cut
some julienned green onion (green part)
1 tsp fried shallot and oil
1 tsp soy sauce
- Make 2 slits on the body of the fish for both sides.
- Marinate with sesame oil, rice wine and salt.
- Place the ginger slices and some green onion into the cavity of the head and the rest of the green onion underneath the fish.
- Place the julienned ginger and red chilli on top of the fish.
- Arrange the sour plum and sliced tomatoes on the side of the dish.
- Steam on high for 5 minutes. Reduce to medium heat and steam for another 7 to 10 minutes or till fish is cooked.
- Remove from steamer, garnish with some julienned green onion.
- Drizzle fried shallot oil and soy sauce over the fish and serve warm.