Chop up the nuts using a food processor.
Continue to pulse till the nuts become fine.
The nuts starting to turn sandy and lumpy. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
Add cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
Continue to process till you get a creamy mixture.
Check for sweetness and add more sugar as necessary.
Store chocolate hazeulnut butter in a sterilized jar.
Enjoy your nutty spread.
Ingredients2 cups hazelnuts
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp sugar or more
pinch of salt
- Remove the hard casing of the raw hazelnuts. Bake the nuts in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Check occasionally so that the nuts do not get burnt.
- Let cool and remove the skins of the toasted nuts.
- Place the nuts in batches in a food processor. Chop up the nuts.
- Continue to process the nuts until it becomes lumpy and sandy. Use a spoon to scape down the sides as necessary.
- Add cocoa powder and sugar and continue to process till a creamy mixture is formed.
- Check sweetness and add more sugar if needed.
- Transfer to a sterilized jar and keep in fridge.
- Enjoy your chocolate hazelnut butter.