1 tomato - quartered
1 tbsp miso paste
Meatball ingredients150g ground meat
1 small piece minced carrot
1 stalk green onion - minced
1 tsp huatiao wine
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut bittergourd lengthwise into halves. Remove pith and seeds by using a spoon to scrape and
- cut into smaller rectangular pieces.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients and marinate for 30 minutes or more.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the meatballs, bittergourd and tomato and cook for 15 minutes or more under medium heat.
- Scoop out some water from the pot and dissolve the miso paste into it. Pour the miso mixture back into the pot.
- Serve warm.