Ingredients2 large portobello mushrooms
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp soy sauce
juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
1 shallot - sliced
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Clean mushrooms with wet paper towel and pat dry. Cut off the stem and slice them.
- Add chopped parsley, sea salt and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Heat up olive oil and butter in a pan. Saute shallot and garlic for 1 = 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and do a quick mix.
- Add lime juice mixture to the pan and mix well.
- Brush some marinade onto the cap of the mushroom.
- Place mushroom, cap side down, gill side up, into the pan to marinate for 15 minutes or more. Add the sliced stem into the pan to marinate as well.
- Preheat grill on high for about 5 - 10 minutes. Lower temperature to medium heat. Place mushroom, gill side down and grill for 6 minutes. Grill the sliced stem as well.
- Turn over and grill the other side. Spoon marinade into the gill of the mushroom and continue to grill for another 6 to 8 minutes or till mushrooms are cooked and tender.
- Remove from grill and serve warm.