Ingredients8 oz fettuccine pasta
1 large portobello mushroom
2 tbsp frozen green peas
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp chopped shallot
1 tsp chopped garlic
dash of dried crushed red pepper
dash of dried italian seasonings
dash of dried parsley flakes (chopped fresh parsley preferred)
salt and pepper to taste
oil for blanching fettuccine
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp grated cheese
flour mixture - 1 tsp flour + 2 tbsp water
dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- Place fettuccine in a pot of boiling water. Add a little salt and oil and cook till desired doneness. Drain and set aside.
- Blanch green peas in the same pot till just cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Clean mushroom with a wet paper towel and pat dry. Cut into thick slices. Set aside.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan. Saute mushrooms till aromatic. Add butter, shallot and garlic and continue to saute till aromatic.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste. Remove sauteed mushrooms and set aside.
- Add milk to the pan and bring to a gentle boil. Add grated cheese and slowly pour in the flour mixture to slightly thicken the sauce. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the fettuccine to the pan and toss to mix well.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with the green peas and mushrooms. Sprinkle a dash of red pepper flakes and serve immediately.