recipe adapted from here
Ingredients (serves 4)
200g glutinous rice flour
280 ml water
1 tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp shallot oil
1/2 tsp shallot oil for brushing
handful of roasted peanut powder
handful of roasted sesame seed
granulated sugar to taste
- To make shallot oil, thinly slice 2 shallots, fry with 4 tablespoons oil (about two parts of oil to 1 part of shallot) till golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Mix glutinous rice flour, sugar, salt, shallot oil and water in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine, make sure flour mixture is completed dissolved.
- Brush 1/2 tsp shallot oil into a dish plate and pour the mixture in. Steam over medium heat for about 30mins. Test the centre to ensure it is cooked through. Brush the surface with the remaining shallot oil and leave to cool slightly.
- Mix peanut powder, toasted sesame and granulated sugar in a plate.
- When ready to serve, scoop small pieces of muah chee with a spoon and toss them in the peanut powder mixture. Serve immediately.