1 cup rice grain - washed and drained
1 1/2 cups water to cook rice
1 bowl of yam - peeled and cut into cubes
1 tbsp dried shrimps - soaked and drained
1 pc skinless pork belly - scalded and cut into thin strips
3 pcs of dried mushrooms - soaked, stem removed and cut into thin strips
2 shallots - peeled and chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp five spice powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up oil in wok and stir fry the yam till fragrant or lightly brown. Set aside.
- Stir fry the pork belly and dried shrimps till fragrant or lightly brown. Set aside.
- With the remaining oil, saute the shallots till fragrant. Add in the mushrooms and continue to stir fry for a while more. Pour in the rice and the seasonings and mix well.
- Transfer the rice to a rice cooker and add water to cook. Halfway through the cooking, add in all other ingredients and continue to cook until the timer is up.
- Mix the ingredients evenly into the rice mixture. Check seasonings and add salt or soy sauce to the mixture if necessary.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of fried shallots and chopped green onion.