1/2 chicken - abt 1.5 to 2 lbs (i use free-range chicken)
1 small piece of dang gui
2 stalks of green onion
3 pieces of ginger slices
4 cloves garlic - lightly pounded1 tsp salt
1 tbsp brandy
- Wash the chicken. Place it on a big metal plate. Season it with salt, including the cavity. Stuff the cavity with green onion, ginger, garlic and dang gui.
- Prepare a wok for steaming. Place a metal rack and add enough water and bring it to a boil. Once the water boils, place the chicken in the wok and cover with a lid. Steam for 18 mins on medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from wok and when slightly cooled, rub sesame oil and brandy onto the chicken. Set aside to let it rest to room temperature.
- Chop into bite-sized pieces and serve with garlic chilli sauce and sliced cucumber.
- Pour any excess water from the plate into a small pot. Add 1 cup of water to it and bring it to a boil. Add wolfberries and cut green onions and serve it as a soup.