1 pc salmon steak
1 small bunch of salted vegetables -soaked for 5 mins and drained.
1 tomato - cut into quarters
2 slices of ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 white onion - sliced
2 chili padi
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp sesame oilcooking oil
- Marinate the salmon steak with salt and pepper for 30 mins or more.
- Heat up oil in a pan, brown the salmon skin. Remove and set aside.
- With the remaining oil, saute the onion, ginger and garlic till aromatic. Add the tomato, salted vegetables, chilli padi and soy sauce and stir fry for a while more.
- Add sugar and water. Cover and cook for 10 mins under low heat.
- Add salmon to the pan. Cover and cook for 5 mins or until salmon is cooked. Check seasonings and stir cornstarch solution into the pan and drizzle seasame oil over the dish.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.