6 pcs chicken wings
12 dried chilli
2 tbsp szechuan peppercorns
2 green chilli - deseeded and cut into strips
2 clove garlic - chopped coarsely
2 tbsp chilli oil
1 tsp white sugar
1./2 tsp salt
Seasonings for chicken wings
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Chop chicken wings into drummettes and mid-joint together with wing tip. Then chop drummettes into halves. Chop mid-joint 3/4 part, leaving 1/4 part intact with the tip.
- Marinate chicken wings with seasonings for at least an hour. Coat with flour before deep frying.
- Heat up oil in a wok. Deep fry the chicken wings until brown. Remove from oil and deep fry a second time to make them more crispy. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Saute the garlic, green onion, dried chilli and green chilli for a while. Add the szechuanese peppercorns and stir fry for 1 min or until aromatic.
- Add the chicken wings to the pan. Add sugar, salt and rice wine. Mix well.
- Drizzle chilli oil and mix well. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Hub prepared a large pan of super tasty spicy chicken wings for a picnic with friends