(rice cup used for measuring)
1 1/4 cup rice - washed and drained
1 cup water
1 chicken leg quarter and 1 chicken wing - chopped into pieces
3 dried shitake mushrooms - soaked, drained and cut into halves
1 chinese sausage - sliced
1 small piece salted fish - sliced into small pieces
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp huatiao wine
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp grated ginger juice
dash of pepper
1 tsp cornstarch
Sauce for drizzling
1/2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp garlic oil
chopped green onion
- Marinade the chicken pieces and mushrooms for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat up claypot. Add 1 tbsp oil and fry the salted fish until crispy. Remove salted fish and set aside.
- Pour in the rice and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce heat to low and continue to cook until steam holes appear which takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add in the chicken pieces, mushrooms and sausages and continue to cook under very low heat for another 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove from heat.
- Add in the fried salted fish and chopped green onions. Cover and let stand for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Before serving, drizzle dark soy sauce and garlic oil on the rice and mix well.
- Enjoy the delicious claypot rice with some garlic chilli sauce.
Note: Hubby had forgotten to add 1 tsp dark soy sauce to the marinade and thus the chicken pieces did not turn darker as expected ;)