1 small bunch chinese red spinach - washed, trimmed and separate stalks and leaves
handful of dried ikan bilis
2 cloved garlic - mashed
2 slices ginger
2 tbsp wolfberries
4 bowls water for stock
3 tbsp dried silver fish - fried till crispy
1 tbsp fried garlic pieces
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add ikan bilis, garlic and ginger slices and boil under medium heat for 30 mins.
- Use a siever and remove all the boiled ingredients. Turn on high heat and add in the spinach stalks and boil for a few minutes, followed by the leaves and wolfberries.
- Once it starts to come to a boil, break an egg into the soup and stir it around. Switch off heat, cover and let stand for a few minutes.
- Remove cover and ladle soup into a bowl.
- Top with some fried silver fish and fried garlic and serve hot.