8 chicken drumsticks (washed and patted dry, make a few slits on the thickest part)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sake
1 tsp grated ginger
- In a small saucepan, mix the brown sugar and soy sauce Boil the mixture over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add sake and grated ginger to the mixture and let it cool.
- Marinate the chicken drumsticks in a ziplock bag with the mixture for a few hours or preferably overnight. Save the rest of the sauce for brushing later.
- Start the charcoal grill. It is ready when the coals turned white.
- Brush some oil on the grill and place the drumsticks on the grill, Cover and cook over medium low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and flip drumsticks over to the other side. Brush with some marinade. Cover and grill the drumsticks for another 20 minutes or when the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F. They should be nicely browned.
- Remove from grill and serve while they are still warm and juicy.