15 medium sized prawns - washed, deshelled and deveined
5 dried chilli - cut into halves
4 ginger slices
5 garlic slices
2 stalks green onion - cut into small pieces
1 tbsp red peppercorns
2 tbsp roasted peanuts
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp chilli oil
1 tsp sesame oil
pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp cornstarch
11/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp water
1 tsp tomato ketchup
2 tsp cornstarch solution
- Season prawns with marinade for 15 minutes or more.
- Heat up vegetable oil and chilli oil in a pan over low heat. Fry the prawns till almost cooked. Remove and set aside.
- With the remaining oil, add dried chilli and peppercorns and saute till aromatic.
- Add ginger slices, garlic slices and green onions and continue to fry for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add prawns to the pan and pour the sauce over them. Do a quick stir fry to mix them well.
- Drizzle sesame oil and add the roasted peanuts. Toss to mix well.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately.