1 lb fish fillet (i use basa fillet)
5 dried chillies - cut into halves
6 ginger slices
2 cloves garlic - sliced
1 stalk green onion - cut into small pieces
1 tbsp red peppercorns
2 tbsp roasted peanuts
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp chilli oil
1 tsp sesame oil
Seasonings for fish fillet
tiny pinch of salt
dash of peppper
1/2 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp tomato sauce
2 tsp cornstarch solution
2 tbsp water
- Season fish with marinade for 15 minutes or more.
- Heat up vegetable oil and chilli oil in a pan over low heat. Fry the fish till almost cooked. Remove and set aside.
- With the remaining oil, add dried chilli and peppercorns and saute till aromatic.
- Add ginger slices, garlic slices and green onions and continue to fry for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Return fish to the pan and pour the sauce over them. Do a quick stir fry to mix them well.
- Drizzle sesame oil and add the roasted peanuts. Toss to mix well.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately.