3 medium sea cucumber - pre-conditioned
10 fresh white mushrooms - cleaned and cut lengthwise into halves
1 small bunch broccoli - separate florets and sliced the stem into flower shape
1 small carrot - cut into flower shape
12 gingko nuts - cooked
5 ginger slices
1/4 medium onion - chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp huatiao wine
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add salt, sugar and oil and blanch broccoli florets for 1 minute. Drain and arrange them on the outer layer of a serving plate.
- Using the same pot of water, add 2 ginger slices and cook the sea cucumber for 1 minute. Drain and cut into 1 inch length.
- Heat up a large pan. Saute the mushrooms over medium low heat till fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Add oil to the pan and stir fry the ginger slices, onion and garlic till fragrant. Add carrot, broccoli stems, gingko and sea cucumbers and stir fry over high heat for 1 minute. Drizzle sauce over the mixture and do a quick stir fry. Add water, cover and let it cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in some cornstarch solution to thicken the sauce. Arrange them in the centre of the plate and serve warm with rice.