3 medium-sized potatos - peeled and sliced
150 g pork belly - blanced and sliced
1/2 cup green peas
4 dried chillies
2 tbsp szechuan peppercorns
2 shallot - sliced
2 cloves garlic - chopped
pepper to taste
3 tbsp water
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp huatiao wine
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Blanch the potatoes for a few minutes and drained. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in a pan on low heat. Fry the szechuan peppecorns for a few minutes until fragrant. Use a slotted spoon and remove peppercorns from wok and discard.
- With the remaining oil, fry the pork belly for 2 minutes under medium heat. Add red chillies, shallot and garlic and continue to fry until fragrant.
- Add potatoes and green peas to wok and stir fry under high heat. Drizzle sauce over the mixture and fry to mix well. Add water to wok to make some gravy.
- Add a dash of pepper before transferring to a serving plate. Serve warm.