2 skinless chicken drumstick - deboned and cut into bite-sized pcs
1 cup of broccoli florets
5 stalks asparagus - ends trimmed and cut into 4 cm length
8 cherry tomatoes
2 slices ginger
1/4 onion - sliced
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1 tbsp fermented black beans - washed and roughly chopped
2 tbsp rice wine
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp huatiao wine
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp red chilli pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp cornstarch
- Marinate the chicken meat for 30 minutes or more. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Blanch the broccoli and asparagus for 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up oil in a wok under medium heat. Saute the ginger, onion, garlic and black beans till lightly fragrant. Add chicken meat and fry for 1 minute.
- Switch to high heat and drizzle rice wine and water and fry for another minute. Add broccoli, asparagus and tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Stir in some cornstarch solution and fry to mix well. Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.