1 bittergourd - cut lengthwise into halves, de-seeded and sliced thinly.
1 tomato - quartered
150 g minced meat
2 clove garlic - unpeeled and smashed
2 slices ginger
salt and pepper to taste
1 small pot of water
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp huatiao wine
1 tsp sesame oil
pinch of salt and pepper
1 tsp cornstarch
- Marinate the minced meat with seasonings for 30 minutes or more.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add sliced ginger and garlic and boil for a few minutes.
- Add minced meat and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add bittergourd and tomato and boil for another 10 minutes.
- Crack an egg into the soup and stir it. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into a serving bowl and serve hot.