1 packet of okra (abt 1.5 to 2 lb) - cut both ends and sliced
2 tbsp dried prawns or dried silver fish
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp belachan chilli
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced shallot
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp water
- Heat pan at medium heat with oil,add in dried silver fish and fry until fragrant. Scoop up and set aside.
- With the remaining oil, saute the shallot and garlic until fragrant. Then add in belachan chilli and okra.
- Stir-fry okra at high heat,add in salt, sugar and soy sauce and stir fry for a while more.
- Add 3 tbsp water and check seasonings to taste preference. Add in the fried silver fish and mix well.
- Dish out and serve warm immediately.