2 tbsp dried silver fish
2 eggs - beaten
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper
- Cut bittergourd to half (length-wise) and remove the seeds. Slice bittergourd thinly. Blanch in boiling water with a little salt added for a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the silver fish until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- With the remaining oil in pan, saute the ginger and garlic till fragrant.
- Add bittergourd slices and stir fry over high heat for a few minutes.
- When the bittergourd is almost cooked, pour the beaten egg over the bittergourd. Add soy sauce and some pepper. Stir lightly to mix well. when the eggs are cooked, add the fried silver fish to the mixture.
- Dish up and serve warm.