Recipe adapted fm http://roseskitchen.wordpress.com
280g rice flour280g sugar
3 pandan leaves, knotted
1 tsp dried yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- Add 300ml water to the rice flour and mix well.
- Boil sugar with 300ml water, salt and pandan leaves. When boiling, pour syrup into rice flour mixture. Stir well and strain mixture. Leave aside to cool.
- Dissolve 1 tsp yeast in 2 tbsp lukewarm water and add to cooled rice mixture. Stir well, cover and leave to leaven for 11/2 to 2 hours till small tiny bubbles appear.
- Grease and preheat a 30 cm round tray in steamer.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to leavened mixture, stir well and pour into heated tray. Steam for 20 minutes