3 stalks of king oyster mushrooms - cut into 1 cm thickness
1 small red bell pepper - cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small green bell pepper - cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small onion - sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp of chilli oil
1 1/2 tbsp chilli bean paste
1/2 tsp sugar
- Saute the mushrooms in a wok without oil until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Pour some cooking oil and chilli oil in the wok and saute the onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in the bell peppers and chilli bean paste and stir fry for a few minutes. Add in the mushrooms.
- Add the sugar and some water and mix well. Stir in the cornstarch solution to thicken the sauce.
- Sprinkle some salt to taste as necessary. Transfer the dish to a serving plate and serve warm.