Serves 2 pax
1 cup glutinous rice
1 1/2 cup water
1 tsp dried prawns - soaked and drained
1 small slice of pork belly - scalded and cut into small pieces
1 chinese sausage - sliced
3 dried mushroom - soak and julienned
1 tsp shallots - minced
1 tsp garlic - minced
3 tbsp of soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the glutinous rice with water. Drain excess water off. Set aside.
- Fry the pork belly, dried prawns and sausage till fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
- With the remaining oil, fry the shallot and garlic till fragrant. Add the mushrooms and continue to stir fry for another minute.
- Add the rice to the wok. Season with some salt, pepper and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Transfer to the rice cooker. Add water.
- When the rice is cooked halfway through, Add in the rest of the ingredients - dried prawns, fatty pork and chinese sausage. (alternatively, these ingredients can be added together with the rice mixture in the earlier stage. adding later will enhance the crispiness of the ingredients)
- Garnish with a sprinkle of fried shallots and serve warm.