1 lb snapper fillets
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 jalepeno - cut into small pcs
1 cup plum tomatoes (chopped)
1/2 cup onion - chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic - minced
3 tbsp fresh parsley - chopped
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp red wine vinegar (optional)
1 small bay leaf
- Place fillets in a baking dish and drizzle with lemon juice. Top with jalepeno and set aside.
- In a small pot, combine olive oil , tomatoes, onions and garlic. Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and the next six ingredients. Cook for 6 more minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Discard the bay leaf.
- Pour tomato mixture over the snapper.
- Preheat broiler and broil 6 to 8 minutes or until the fillets flake.