1 cup of black beans (rice cup) - washed and soaked for 2 hours or more
4 pieces of pork ribs
handful of walnuts
handful of wolfberry
2 black dates
4 pcs beiqi
6 pcs dried huai shan (dioscorea)
1 pc dang gui
1 pc du zhong - abt 8cm big
6 pcs dang shen (codonopsis pilosula)
salt to taste
- Parboil the pork ribs and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Place the soaked black beans and the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Add a pot of boiling water to the slow cooker.
- Cook with high heat for 5 hours or low heat for 8 hours.
- Add salt to taste before serving.