recipe adapted from here
3 chicken thigh - de-boned
Seasonings for Chicken
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
4 pips garlic smashed
Black pepper sauce
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tsp cornflour + 1.1/2 Tbsp water to thicken
- Marinate the chicken thighs with the above seasonings for a few hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator. Take them out at least an hour before cooking.
- Heat up a grill pan with a little bit of oil and once the pan is hot, add in the chicken pieces, reduce the heat to medium temperature and let the chicken cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Leave any marinade in the bowl for later use.
- Once the edges of the meat start to brown, flip over to the other side and grill for another 5 to 10 minutes till browned. Add in the smashed garlic and brown them as well. Dish up onto serving plates.
- In another pan, put in the chicken marinade, add in the ground black pepper, oyster sauce, browned garlic cloves and water and let it simmer. Fine tune to taste and add in the thickening.
- Arrange the fresh lettuce, egg and cooked rice onto the serving plates with the chicken pieces.
- Drizzle sauce over the chicken pieces and serve immediiately.